The video of my ‘Existence of God’ lecture is now up online. It was delivered on 4th February 2015 at the University of Nottingham Trent [UK]. The audience-interactive lecture starts off by discussing choosing the correct methodology to rationally deduce God’s existence out of:
- Spiritual Experience
- Scientific Method
- Rational Thinking
The correct method is then applied onto these three questions:
- How do we know finite things have causes?
- How do we know that all finite things started with an infinite cause?
- How do we know this Infinite first cause is God and not a mechanical/mindless thing, like the multi-verse?
The discussion then rounds up with a brief discourse asking why do people reject God?
Outlined were the 5 basic reasons (which are explained further in the Talk):
- Liberalism’s irrational belief in the theoretically unlimited freedom of the individual causes a clash with the limitations of higher purpose and meaning under a creator
- People reject god because Liberalism caused people to believe the purpose of their life was to seek pleasure, and they blamed God (or denied him) when their lives weren’t perfect
- Some people believe the Scientific method is the only method to find knowledge, and reject all things that can’t be detected by it
- Some people reject God because they had a bad experience with intellectual contradictions they found in a religion they were brought up into (e.g. polytheism, trinity etc).
- Some people are reject God because of the different theories about him, they see in different religions
LBC Radio: My response to the ‘Draw Mohamed’ Exhibition in London by ‘Sharia Watch’ Director, Anne-Marie Waters ›
Categories: LECTURES, Proof of God
Leave a Reply